Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Solo Trip – Day 5 – 11/06/2010

Not a fun day for the Bufferfly. First of all, the previous night, when I returned to the resort, I had a sore throat. Whenever I have any sort of illness, I want to be home. That being said, although I did not want to leave Disney, I was kinda relieved to be going home.

So I put the last-minute touches on my packing and went to the gift shop downstairs to get a couple more items for myself. Then I took DME to MCO. Okay, something REALLY strange on the plane …. I was seated right next to Mike DeRosa’s cousin on the way home! She is the one who was in the window seat in my row on the way TO Orlando. WEIRD. She was absolutely lovely and we talked almost the whole flight home. I actually got out my camera and she enjoyed looking through my pictures.

When we got off the plane, I spotted my parents, waving frantically. LOL. I did a dance over to them and we hugged. I did manage to screech a little despite my aching throat. The lady from the plane came over to me and gave me a hug, telling Mom how sweet I was and that my future is a bright one. I blushed.

My parents drove me home and when I went in the house, Daisie (my dog) attacked me. Mom proceeded to make me cry by telling me that while I was gone, Daisie would sit on the little bench in the living room that I always prop my feet up on. Then it REALLY got me when she said Daisie would randomly go into my room and sit on the rug in front of my bed. That melted my heart.

Had a snack, took a shower, then relaxed the rest of the day, trying to get better. I think I talked on Twitter to you awesome people the rest of the day. 

This was an amazing, magical vacation. Going solo was terrifying. But so worth it because not only did I get to experience what it was like to travel alone, but it was great being in control and deciding for MYSELF what I wanted to do and where I wanted to go.

As always, I thank Uncle Walt, for continuing to my make my dreams a reality. I don’t care what pessimists say, dreams DO come true. You have to put your heart into it and know exactly what you want, and God will handle the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment