Saturday, November 5, 2011

Epic October 2011 - Day 3

10/3:

Betsy picked me up and we headed over to the Poly. We collected our leis at the front, and met up with Shelley, Dan Braunstein, Lee Dralle, and Robbie Fenoglio to have breakfast at Kona CafĂ©! We all tried each other’s food, and I cannot tell whether I love macadamia nut pancakes or Tonga Toast more. I am undecided! It was absolutely delicious. After saying farewell to the guys, Shelley, Betsy, and I went over to wait for the ferry to the Magic Kingdom. When the ferry arrived, Betsy and I boarded while Shelley went back home.

We went on a few rides, although I cannot remember which ones. LOL. We did a lot in Fantasyland – I know we rode It’s A Small World, Mickey’s Philharmagic, Peter Pan, and Winnie the Pooh. We might have done Snow White that day as well. We then went over to Pecos Bill’s and saw Aurora (@RoraBorieAlice), James (@THATJamesMoore), and Cade (@CadelLadelSoup)!! I was thrilled to see them! We had lunch then went on The Haunted Mansion. I had never seen the Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It parade, so we went on Main Street to watch it. Jay Griffith and Melissa McCrady joined us to watch it. I LOVED IT!!!! That is definitely my favorite parade there. Aurora and I went out and danced with the characters. Mickey Mouse made me cry at one point…as the floats were leaving the area, he looked at me and Rora and placed his hands on his heart in an “I love you” sort of way. I melted!! I will love Rora forever for capturing that!

Afterwards, we left MK. The six of us squished in Betsy’s car to head to Shelley’s house! First we made a stop at Publix. Yay! I wish we had this chain in New York. It would make my life a lot better. Actually, being in Florida itself would make my life a lot better. ANYWAY. When we got to Shelley’s house, she, Dave, Zoe, and Shane were all there. The Carans’ house is absolutely beautiful, by the way. Wow. After a short while, the Perlmutters arrived equipped with their adorable dog, Jasper! I loved seeing him and giving him his treats. J

As we were eating dinner, someone else arrived. Who appears at the door then, but Tom Chiodo (@idetestyou). He looks at me and goes, “You ARE here!” The picture below came next, followed by him pushing me across the room.

Troublemakers at work ... Tom and me

We all watched wrestling and laughed a lot. I had a ton of fun. It was great to spend time with people I consider true family.

No comments:

Post a Comment