Saturday, November 12, 2011

Epic October 2011 - Day 7

10/7:

Betsy picked me up and we went to Epcot. Shelley met us there, and we all went on Journey into Imagination with Figment. They proved their love for me by waiting in line for it. ;) The wait was maybe 5-7 minutes. We all went to Captain EO next. Love, love, love that show! Shelley pulled out one of her dance moves during the pre-show too. Give that gal leg warmers! We went on Living with the Land next and sat in the front. That was a lovely, relaxing journey.

We had a reservation for Le Cellier for lunch, so we walked to Canada. Amanda (@BooToYou7) also had a reservation and stopped over to say hi to us. It was great meeting her! The three of us pigged out on pretzel bread and appetizers, and barely touched our dinners and desserts, which we had packed up to go. Shelley left then, so Betsy and I went to see American Adventure. I must have been tired because I totally fell asleep during the show. I have no idea what came over me, but I fell right to sleep. You know the scene where the guy is taking a picture of the family posing for a picture? And the camera bulb makes a bright flash? The sound of that made me jump and woke me right up. LOL. I was so glad to be awake for the end though…I love the video montage where “Golden Dream” plays. Of course, I cried.

On the way out, we spotted Ryan and Sally. We visited with them for a few minutes, then made our way out of the park. Betsy and I went to the Magic Kingdom next. We went to see The Enchanted Tiki Room first. I loved seeing it back to its original form. We also rode Pirates.

Then Mike (@CaptainMike88) joined us, and we all went on a full circle trip on the Walt Disney World Railroad. That was beautiful and relaxing. During the journey, Betsy yelled at me, “Stop looking so sad!! Why do you have that look on your face?!” I’m glad she snapped me out of reality because my mind started wandering being this was my last day. Sigh.

We all went on the Haunted Mansion next, and they brought me through the queue. This was the first time I had seen it! I loved it! Love the books that you can push and others pop out. And trying to solve the mystery of who killed who is great too!

We split ways then and Betsy dropped me off at the hotel. Shalon was waiting for me there. I grabbed some food and we went upstairs to my room. I ate while we watched a hilarious episode of Modern Family. We hung out, laughed, and chatted for a while.

Betsy picked us up around 9pm to go to Atlantic Dance Hall! But before that, we did something awesome. We had the best non-drug drug deal EVER. We met Emily at a Hess gas station because she had a bunch of extra mini cupcake brownies, which she gave us. I LOVE EMILY. For many reasons, of course, but this is one of them! They were delicious. We had a blast taking pictures in the car of our Babycakes craziness.

The three of us continued on our way to ADH. When we got there, with our mouths full of brownies, the valet drove off with the car and we continued inside to the Boardwalk. After a brief stop at the Bellevue Lounge, we walked the strip to ADH. We met Gail (@gailyw) there! I love her to pieces. She is such a sweetheart and I am thrilled to have met her.

Mike, JL Knopp (@jlknopp1), and Shelley joined us and we had a blast, dancing the night away! Party Rock Anthem was one of my favorite moments of the night. I took my shoes off (I think Shalon did too) and we did the shuffle. Dave Caran and Dan Warren came by too, and sat & talked with us for awhile. We were there for probably a good three/four hours or so. What a wonderful night!!

There are soooo many more pictures from this night, which you can find on JL's Facebook page!

Betsy dropped Shalon and I off at the hotel. Shalon slept overnight in my room. We pretty much fell asleep about five minutes after we got in the room.

I was NOT looking forward to the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment